.NET DEVELOPERS – PERMANENT EDMONTON
.Net Web Developer (2 open
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Our client is searching for an experienced web developer to join our team. We are an Edmonton based consulting firm that
has been in business since 1998. In addition to our ongoing consulting practice, the company is currently
developing a SaaS (software as a service) website that needs an additional
experienced .Net web developer to join our team. As a member of the team, the candidate will
be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from
requirements through coding, testing, deployment and support. The ideal candidate will have excellent
programming and problem solving abilities, combined with strong communication
and collaboration skills, allowing them to creatively develop new solutions, as
well as identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems in a clear and concise
manner. The candidate will also be proficient in writing documentation for the respective code based solutions.
Position Responsibilities / Expectations
- Develop web applications, web services and general applications on the .NET 4.0 framework
- Create code/framework solutions that can be reused effectively and efficiently
- Develop high quality software that follows best practices, is well tested, and confirms to user requirements
- Assist with requirements clarification and refinement
- Design and document software components
- Serve as a mentor to other web developers in order to improve their technical and professional skill sets
- Able to communicate at both a business and technical level
- Provide time estimates (new and revised), and manage your time effectively according to current estimates
- Show willingness to adapt and learn new technologies and skills.
- Meet project deadlines
- Communicate with other team members at both a business and technical level
- A self-starter with excellent communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- At least 6 yrs web development experience with Visual Studio .NET, ASP .Net, C#
- Experience with N-tier object oriented development
- Experience with Web Services
- SQL Server 2008 R2 development (stored procedures, functions, etc.) & TSQL syntax
- .NET web application deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Integrating and using 3rd party applications such Telerik AJAX controls or 3rd party APIs
- Experience with mojoPortal or related CMS products would be an asset
- Experience with VMware ESXi 4.1, or other virtual environments
- Experience with Azure, AWS or other cloud hosting providers
- Experience with XSLT or other XML transformation products
- Experience with automated deployments in TFS or other version control software
- Experience with automated test suites such as Visual Studio Test Edition, or Telerik testing
- Experience configuring and securing Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS & SQL Server
This is a permanent, full-time position located in Edmonton, AB.
Your role will depend on the level of experience you have.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates
selected for interviews will be contacted.